Right after we purchased the flight out, Don and Rebekah talked about a road trip to Vegas. I, of course, would have to stay home because of the homework and the masters class. Sigh.
They planned to go down Wednesday, however Wednesday was the only day Abby was free for Rebekah time. They spent the day in the pool and then had a sleep over where they watched How to Train Your Dragon movies until the wee hours in the morning.
So the next morning, they headed down to Vegas.
I checked on them throughout their trip, but they made it okay. Eventually Rebekah sent me this picture of their hotel.
They rested a bit, then did the tourist thing. I got sent the following:
The look on her face. I know she picked this out just for me.
Then they went to see the water show.
While there.... this one was more for uncle Jo.
Don was one tired man.
Eventually they made it back and hit the bed hard. The next morning they continued to be tourists, but this time via car. They stopped at the temple.
Then they headed towards Hoover Dam.
Then they headed back north, ending up pretty late back at mom's.
Rebekah had purchased some souvenirs, example: this blanket out for uncle Michael. It seems quite appropriate.
She also got her friends things, her grammy some coke salt and pepper shakers, and an orange M&M Christmas tree ornament for me. Shortest, most productive and fun filled dad / daughter Vegas time ever.
No comments:
Post a Comment