I wanted to like this more than I did. Perhaps I read it too quickly and one needs to ponder every sentence? I did like the subject matter and it did document the growth of the year in nature.
This was on Rebekah's over the summer to read list. I read it quite a long time ago so I decided to read it again. It had good moments, but I was really frustrated with the abundance of foul language in the book. I suppose some could argue it was necessary, but I don't agree. Otherwise, a good, even poetic at times, book.
Masters of music history literature. Lots of good info in this one.
Masters of music history literature. Not so much in this one.
Masters of music history literature. Or this one. And the cover that's coming soon? Well, it's a pretty old book. Just sayin'.
Masters of music history literature. I loved the history in this one.
Masters of music history literature. Not so much this one.
Masters of music history literature. Or this one.
Masters of music history literature. This one was fascinating! All about the ways medieval scholars trained their mind to memorize and retain their knowledge for use.
Ah Emma. Great for a bit of light reading.
I really liked this author's book on Martin Luther, and a friend of mine recommended this one. It was less than what I was hoping. It had highly interesting information on religion under Hitler's reign, but it almost felt like the author was struggling to come up with information related to this man, so he ran amuck from tme to time.
Historical fiction concerning the Berlin Wall. Spies and refugees and so forth. Oh, and 80's references including Lady Hawke. Ha! I recommended it to Rebekah but she felt the main character was a bit too old for her (I think she was in her 20's).
Masters of music history literature. Not great.
I've heard a lot about this one, so in I jumped. It's pretty good. The one I listened to was read by Kenneth Branagh. This is the second Agatha Christie I have read. Must admit, I find her more interesting than her books.
More light reading. This Sanderson is a re-read for me. And Lift is my favorite.
Masters of music history literature. Not great.
Masters of music history literature. Better, but the bar is pretty low.
Masters of music history literature. Below said bar.
Pretty intense read about child trafficking. If memory serves, I skipped certain sections. While I understand we need to know what's going on, I also think it can be overly done.
The second of Rebekah's over the summer reading assignment. She was able to choose between six books. Three I had read. She didn't want any of those. She started one and I was planning on reading it with her but she switched to this. I thought it was awful. I didn't like the premise (entity possesses a different body every day) and I didn't like where the author took it (entity falls in love with a person it possessed's girlfriend) or the morals it preached (nothing really matters, no male no female - we are all trapped inside whatever body we were placed).
June StoryGraph:
How Goodreads stands:
Want to Read
January: 1478
Last Month: 1426
To Date: 1422
Read
January: 1708
Last Month: 1795
To Date: 1813
No comments:
Post a Comment